The Law chambers under the mentorship of Mr. Manjul Bajpai, having a 30-year experience on the telecom side, have gained substantial experience in this area of practice – both the regulatory sphere and dispute litigation. Dr. Shashwat Bajpai regularly handles telecom issues dealing with the telecommunications laws and various regulatory regimes/rules requiring interpretation of Consultation Papers, Recommendations, Regulations, Guidelines, etc. The Chamber advises domestic & foreign companies as also world telecom organizations (like GSMA) on the regulatory framework, acquiring of telecom licenses from the licensor (DoT) / concerned Government bodies.
- The Chamber represents clients before the Supreme Court of India, Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT), and the High Courts (under Writs) on various issues, inter alia, tariff determination, spectrum, licenses, mobile termination charges (MTC), Interconnect usage charges (IUC), 3G-ICR (3G interconnect roaming), Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR), etc.
- The Chamber advises and represents clients before regulatory bodies (like TRAI, Telecom Regulatory authority of India) for consultations on the said issues.
- Represented the 3 top companies before the Supreme Court in the 2G Cancellation of licenses case and Spectrum auctions case/s.
- Successfully Represented all the Indian telecom companies in the Call drop case before the Supreme Court and Delhi High Court.
- The Chamber lawyers handles litigation for telecom & Broadcasting Companies before the original jurisdiction Forums- Telecom Disputes Settlement Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) including Regulatory challenges & appellate Petitions against TRAI.
- Represent the only HITS (Head-end in the Sky) operator before the Telecom Disputes Settlement Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) in various broadcasting matters filed by or against various Broadcasters, Multi System Operators (MSOs) as well Local Cable Operators (LCOs).
- Represent HITS (Head-end in the Sky) operator, Multi System Operators (MSOs) as well Local Cable Operators (LCOs) in recovery petitions filed by or against them.
- We handle inter-se disputes between 2 or more telecom service providers (TSPs) before the said fora.
- Represented COAI (Cellular Association of India) & the 3 top companies before the Supreme Court for Extension of licenses (2012 National Telecom Policy) & Spectrum auctions and disputes relating to cell-towers before the Delhi High Court.
- Currently involved in litigation on behalf of Vodafone Ltd. against Reliance Jio relating to their free consumer Offers, before the Delhi High Court.