COMPANY & CORPORATE LAW
The Chambers provide legal advisory services in Merger & Acquisitions /PE across a diverse range of industries with clients ranging from major domestic and international enterprises, private companies, public listed companies, and public sector undertakings. The Chamber lawyers regularly appear before the National Company Law Tribunal, National Company Law Appellate Tribunal, under the Companies Act, 2013.
The commercial advisory practice is not limited to domestic mergers & demergers, collaborations, amalgamations vide court schemes, joint ventures, restructuring, Hive offs, Take overs, Acquisitions, spin-offs, et al., but is spread across numerous commercial and business contracts covering a wide range of manufacturing and service industries, including cables, investment, automotive, construction & infrastructure, energy, media, tele-communications, oil & gas, IT Software, and financial services.
- Dr. Shashwat Bajpai was appointed as the Local Commissioner by the Delhi High Court to oversee the Rohit Bal Merger.
- Advised on the Merger & Amalgamation proceedings of Phoenix lamps Ltd. into Suprajit Engineering Ltd., India’s largest cable manufacturer, and assisted them in the post-acquisition integration & transition.
- The Chamber lawyers have expertise in strategic planning for both acquirer and the acquired corporates potential (domestic and cross-jurisdictional transactions, including overseas acquisitions by Indian companies)
- The Chamber lawyers regularly advised on issues involving Acquisition charges, stamp duty levy, investment/s implications & Asset Management business.
- Advised Phoenix Lamps on the Halonix-Phoenix Lamps Business Transfer Agreement (BTA) in relation to the selling of the general/non-automotive lighting business segment of the Halonix Ltd. business as a going concern basis on a slump sale basis.
- Expertise covering legal and commercial advice on Corporate Restructuring.
- The Chamber regularly carries out legal & financial Due Diligence; handles negotiations with creditors and members for settlements and restructuring;
- Negotiating and Drafting of the transaction/structuring documents including but not limited to Shareholders’ Agreement, Share Subscription Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement, Non-Compete Agreement, etc.;
- The lawyers at the Chambers frequently argue Petitions involving Oppression & mismanagement, liabilities and risks faced by the companies, appointment & removal of Directors, duties and obligations of individual directors before the NCLT, NCLAT and the Supreme Court; and provide pre-litigation advisory services on these issues.
- Winding up Proceedings (pending under the old Companies Act 1956) the Delhi High Court, Bombay High Court & the Madras High Court. [New proceedings under the Companies Act 2013 read with IBC, 2016].
- ROC and other regulatory Compliances, including exchange control laws, SEBI regulations & SEBI (SAST) Regulations.
- Advises on issues relating to Incorporation and Conversion of Company into Limited liability partnership and vice-versa.
- Involved in, drafting, advising & negotiating and negotiating a wide range of business contracts such as manufacturing contracts, dealership and distribution agreements, purchase & supply agreements, etc.