INSOLVENCY LAWS & CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING
The Chamber lawyers have expertise in Cross-border Transactions in re consolidation of holdings, merging spin-offs as part of corporate restructuring, and including but not limited to expansion of business, stock and asset purchases, group exit transactions, etc.
- Corporate Restructuring
- Debt Restructuring
- Sick/Insolvent companies’ rehabilitation
- Out-of-court restructurings and refinancing;
- Financial Restructuring of Debts Reorganization through Strategic Debt Restructuring.
The Law chamber has been representing clients, both financial and operational creditors as well as Corporate debtors since the advent of the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016. The Chamber is involved in filing applications with the adjudicating authority on behalf of the financial and operational creditors as well as Corporate debtors.
- We render services in relation to the same qua:
- At the Pre Insolvency, contingency planning and Distress Advisory;
- Preparation of Information memorandum,
- Assisting in the formulation of Resolution Plan,
- Financial statements analysis,
- Drafting of notices and Agenda for convening of the meeting of the Committee of creditors,
- Managing the affairs of the Corporate Debtors as a going concern and any core/ancillary due diligence in respect of these services.
- Advising and assisting the insolvency officeholders/ trustees & government institutions.
- Debt Recovery: The Chambers representations extend to recovery proceedings filed by and on behalf of the Banks and NBFCs as well as resisting these proceedings on behalf of clients. Any stay applications, injunctions and/or civil actions filed linked to the same.
- Our representations and advisory work has resulted maximum recoveries, asset/investment protection and minimal write offs.
- Advising and assisting on voluntary liquidation and dissolution of companies.
- With no cross-jurisdictional impediments given the well-spaced network of lawyers, chartered accountants & company secretaries, seamless advise provided to the clients on cross-border restructurings.