CONSUMER LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
The Lawyers at the firm have been involved with several consumer litigations at the NCDRC (National Consumer Dispute Resolution Commission) relating to insurance, and housing; and are pursuing several matters before NCDRC against builders like Omaxe, Unitech, Emaar, BPTP, & Parasvnath.
Reliefs in these set of petitions range from seeking, inter alia, complete refund or immediate possession along with interest for the delayed period.
- In one of our recent cases argued by our Chamber Lawyers on delay of possession by the builder (Omaxe, Case No. 604/2014), the National Commission passed judgment in our/complainant/flat owner/ consumer’s favor and had granted full relief as prayed for Full Refund + 12% Interest, amounting to a total of Rs 1.8 cr, wherein the interest portion alone amounted to almost 70 Lacs over and above the principal amount.
- We represent clients/consumers/ aggrieved buyers, providing them with the following options for redressal of their grievances in delay of possession (housing) cases.
- Filing a consumer complaint case on their behalf for delay of possession before NCDRC which can be availed by them when the given date of possession (including the grace period) has expired and the flat is not ready for possession. The case can be filed at NCDRC, praying for either possession of the flat along with interest @ 18% for the delayed period up till the handing over of the possession; Or, in the alternative, praying for a complete refund along with 18% of the amount given.
- Claims for deficiency in Housing Projects including delayed possession.
- Claims for deficiency in Medical negligence cases.
- Insurance Claims like a wrongful repudiation of insurance contract/agreements, incorrect invocation of contract conditions and delayed claim processing.