The lawyers at DRSB Law Chambers appear before various Arbitral Tribunals & forums for both Institutional Arbitrations and ad-hoc Arbitrations. The Law Chambers specializes in alternate dispute resolution processes – domestic and international commercial arbitrations, with the seat at India and at foreign jurisdictions, including Singapore and London. The Chambers regularly advises clients in ad hoc arbitrations(under Indian arbitration legislation) as well as institutional arbitrations (under the supervision of international arbitration centres such as SIAC, LCIA, and ICC).
- The Chambers has expertise in drafting of –
– Notice Invoking Arbitration
– Claims & Counter-Claim
– Written Submissions & Affidavit of Evidence
– Applications u/s 8, 9, 11, 17, 34, 37, etc. of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (as amended in 2015);
– these relate to, but not limited to, Filing of Arbitration Petitions
– Filing of section 11 petitions/applications for Appointment of Arbitrator(s) before the High Court/s
– Applications for Sec 9 or 17 Interim Relief
– Proceedings in re Enforcement and Execution of Arbitral Awards
– Challenge to Arbitral Awards under the newly amended Section 34 of the Arbitration Act.
- Dr. Shashwat Bajpai had been appointed as one of the youngest sole arbitrator by the Delhi High Court, in an arbitration dispute between two private construction companies.
- Drafting Arbitration Agreements and Advising Indian Companies regarding Arbitration matters with foreign enterprises, in Singapore under the SIAC Rules.
- Advising and handling various Arbitration proceedings of IT Companies (software & product) under different Rules of Arbitration of the Indian Council of Arbitration (ICAI), International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Arbitral proceedings under (Engineering Procurement & Construction) EPC contracts involving several issues including non-payment, extension of time (EOT) clauses, variation orders, defects, liquidated damages, etc. as well as work on international projects and disputes, with particular reference to the FIDIC suite of contracts.
- The Chambers is experienced in Construction (EPC) Arbitrations and is involved in construction projects across India relating to various sectors including communications, Oil & Gas units, power plants, roads and highways, bridges, aviation; water, etc., representing both the public sector undertakings as well as contractors.